Track for marklin

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi John

In fact the color cables look horrible, but it is transient only for a test, as you can see, under there is a metal box for the electrical installation, transformers and booster, from there the wiring extends all the lower edge. What a shame that over time the fish plates lose connectivity, but should be so, Peco recommends extra connection rail to rail.

Thanks!!!
Jaimemaqueta.jpg

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
The graphite grease will increase the useful life of the fishplates considerably. I assume the rails and fishplates are nickel silver, in which case i would guess they will connect for a fairly long time without additional help.

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi

In fact, is Peco SL-800, nickel silver rails and fishplates. I believe that the environment conditions of humidity and temperature more the pollution (alive in the countryside fortunately) will determine finally the electrical conductivity

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
humidity and temperature more the pollution
That's where the grease comes in, it helps keep it out of the joiner..

Reactions: 1 user

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi

A new video from my layout, yesterday we had a meeting with the chilean marklin fans. Very funny day!!
Pd: the electrical connections aren’t definitives

Reactions: 1 users

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi friends , the last saturday we have a new meeting with the chilean Marklin fans. Nice day, nice trains, funny histories, excellent food (thanks to my wife).
One of the guests brought a drone and filmed the event...

Reactions: 4 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Some wonderful shots of your garden there, which is like an oasis next to the desert over the fence!
Looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends. That drone is rock steady even at high altitude.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi friends , the last saturday we have a new meeting with the chilean Marklin fans. Nice day, nice trains, funny histories, excellent food (thanks to my wife).
One of the guests brought a drone and filmed the event...

Superb vid, sometimes train and model vids with Music can be a real bore. BUT with superb music as you have chosen (ELO?) it can and has made all the difference, what an inspired tune to use on your vid.

Loved the Drone shots as well, would love to do that with my layout but Drone regulations in UK would totally preclude such a view.

As for your layout I have watched its growing with great interest, only point I would make is the problem for running sessions of taking out all of the stock. A secure Shed or Building somewhere in your good sized Garden connected to the Railway will make things so much easier for you in setting up with storage tracks for just the stock. Take the expensive Locomotives indoors.

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi

The video was edited by the owner of the drone, the music is of Electric Light Orchestra and curiously the song is called The last train to London. In Chile the regulation allows the flight of drones up to 750 gr (1.6 pounds) without permission from the authority, and no more than 50 meters high. The drone is the MAVIC AIR model, of only 0.94 pounds. From what I see, in UK the limit weight to fly without permission is 250 grams, but they allow 120 meters in height.
It is a very good idea about the storage. I will study it
My question now is: Buy a locomotive or a drone.....

Best regards

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Stick with trains!
Drones can get even more expensive, and flying them is not easy..

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi

The video was edited by the owner of the drone, the music is of Electric Light Orchestra and curiously the song is called The last train to London. In Chile the regulation allows the flight of drones up to 750 gr (1.6 pounds) without permission from the authority, and no more than 50 meters high. The drone is the MAVIC AIR model, of only 0.94 pounds. From what I see, in UK the limit weight to fly without permission is 250 grams, but they allow 120 meters in height.
It is a very good idea about the storage. I will study it
My question now is: Buy a locomotive or a drone.....

Best regards
Why do you need a drone when a guy can bring his round to take pics of your railway? Surely he will let you have a go job done. Spend on Trains!