Track for marklin

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Happy New Year!!!

My project continue to grow, and a first shipment of tracks is on the way.
I have chosen peco code 200 flex track, mainly I will use marklin 1:32.

I have new questions:

Is a rail bender required for that track?, the minimum radius will be 9 feet.

Clamps or rail joiners are prefereed?. There are clamps for code 200?

image1 (1).JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Beddhist

Motorcycle travel, trains
16 Oct 2013
Glenbervie, NZ
beddha.free.fr
Best answers
Country flag
I got by without a rail bender. I'm aiming for a min. radius of 3m using mostly Micro Engineering code 250 alu track and "groovy track" (alu flat bar in slotted sleepers). I even got some code 332 alu set track and with removing the screws on one side to make the track move in the sleepers I managed to bend that. Only in my rail yard, where I have Peco turnouts (about 1.5 m radius) the opposing curves could use a bender. Bending the individual rails before assembly will help.

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Everyone

This is an update of my garden layout. For now with asphalt membrane, only in the area of the station. Other areas especially near the trees, I have doubts of placing it, due to the birds and their shit. I think that recycled plastic boards will be much easier to clean over the years.
I appreciate your opinions

Thank you!!!

Jaime

image1 (2).JPG image2 (2).JPG image4 (1).JPG image5.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi friends , I would like to show my layout, advances more fast with the best weather

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Looks very nicely done Jaime....

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Fabulous!!

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, yesterday end the circuit and I could make a test satisfactory. I must thank to much people of this forum for its great help, especially that I not knew much of train of garden. Many ideas were contributed for members of GSC and really I am very grateful for it.
Best Regards, from Chile

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
IMG_7855.JPG IMG_7859.JPG IMG_7863.JPG IMG_7869.JPG IMG_7872.JPG IMG_7885.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7880.JPG
    IMG_7880.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 2 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent!
Really like your buildings as well..
:rock::clap::clap::clap::rock:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Ref your mention of Code 200 Track Clamps and cleaning the boards. I am not sure if there is availability on this scale. Massoth do Code 250 but they would be too bad being intended for Peco G Track.

As for the birds do on your boards, I think that you may have to just accept that. Cleaning would be a real problem and possibly damage the roofing Felt you have used. So long as you keep the Rail Surace clean things will be fine, if unsightly.

Not sure what problems you have with our feathered friends in your neck of the woods? Thinking here of the varieties etc. Though Crows can be a real problem in U.K if you have them nesting above your Garden Railway, I recently lifted a line that was under low bushes and the bird do had to be seen to be believed, probably Blackbirds and Thrushes I would think.

Oh and yes you are making great strides with your line. Some very nice stuff with superb subtle weathering effects.
JonD

Jaime

Registered
31 Jul 2016
Rancagua, CHILE
Best answers
Country flag
Hi dunnyrail,
Yes, the birds are a problem, no crows here but yes thrushes. For now I have covered the areas under the trees with remnants of roofing felt. Although I plan to place feeders every 3 or 4 meters, I have not yet done so, so the peco fishplates have worked perfectly. wheatering is a very interesting subject, I definitely think that the vehicles have to remove the paint from factory to then use a primer before the final painting, I use Vallejo acrylic paints and aztek airbrush

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi dunnyrail,
Yes, the birds are a problem, no crows here but yes thrushes. For now I have covered the areas under the trees with remnants of roofing felt. Although I plan to place feeders every 3 or 4 meters, I have not yet done so, so the peco fishplates have worked perfectly. wheatering is a very interesting subject, I definitely think that the vehicles have to remove the paint from factory to then use a primer before the final painting, I use Vallejo acrylic paints and aztek airbrush
You will find over time that the Peco Fish Plates will loose electrical connectivity so Feeders as proposed are a good idea. Though Bonding at preferably for every section of Rail would be a good bet, particularly as I do not think that Track Clamps are available for Code 200 Rail that you are using. A good friend of mine is using exactly the same Rail Profile as you are, he believes it to look better for his Swisss Meter Gauge Operations and he Electrically Bonds all his Rails. But please do not do as he has done using Mains Rated Cable in its sheath with the Colours showing. Looks horrible. Either Smallish Gauge Black Coated Wire or Copper recovered from mains cable or perhaps brass wire at around 20-25 Thousands of an Inch will do the job nicely and be pretty well invisible. You could just use this at each Rail Joint and do your droppers as you are proposing.

We had many Electrical Continuity issues on another friends line and I fixed things as they occured using my 20-25 Thou wire as proposd above.
JonD