"Trees" for my tramway

tramcar trev

all manner of mechanical apparatus...
22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
trevs-tramway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Re: \

I take my dog for a walk along the Murrumbidgee river occasionally, most of the willows have been poisoned and cut up but a few remain. I broke a branch off to throw for the dog, she soon had it stripped down to a length about 300mm long and 30mm thick. Rather than having to find her another stick I stuck this one in the ground, yesterday I tried to retrieve it but it had grown roots in just a week. I saw this as an opportunity to grow a willow. I guess it would have to be over scale size before I could get it to adopt a weeping posture..... I'll give it a try.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

Trev,
I am pretty sure that one of my many Bonsai Books has a mini weeping willow in. You may be better starting with a very thin too small for the dog type branch. Next time you are there grab a couple, they should be pliable enough to shape and try a bit of wire to get them as you want and see what happens. Nothing to loose.

What sort of Dog you got, miss my old girl loads. Cross Shepheard Rottweiler, 7 stine of her but soft as the proverbial and went to 14 years of age. She went 7 years ago now, never got another. They are such company.

Oh thanks so much for the Tram Bell Sounds, very nice.
JonD

tramcar trev

22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
Best answers
My dog is a Pointer X.... She was sposed to be a "Fens" pointer (has big webbed feet) when we rescued her... I think she is too tall for that maybe has a portion of great Dane in her.

751405_30x20.jpg
misc dump 006_307x230.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

What a beauty, those eyes. Can ask for and get a million treats I bet. The one thing about a Cross is that you tend to get a healthier animal. Good luck with her Trev.
JonD

tramcar trev

22 Jan 2011
Canberra, Australia
Best answers
found a Norway Spruce yesterday very cheap $5, its only 200mm tall but it was in a tube at a nursery and root bound so I`ve replanted it in a big pot and see what happens next spring. Then I saw this : 480949906_o.jpg and decided to lash out on the seed. Any that I don`t want I`m sure I`ll be able to sell on.