PIKO TEE Set

royale

G scale and driving my Royale Sabre kit car
26 Oct 2009
Long Eaton
Best answers
I took an end of one of the coaches yesterday, as part of one side had sprung out. I managed to spring it back in without any damage, but if you have any info about getting inside these coaches to put in passengers, then I'd be grateful for the info.

As for getting 2 sets running together, the dummy couplings would have to be changed for either hook and loops or maybe the coupling used to connect all the vehicles together....[/QUOTE

To get inside, take off the coach ends then slide the roof off sideways - it should slide off quite easily. Doing this will then reveal the inner roof with electrical connections for lights and this is held on by a dozen or so screws. Unscrew these, remove the inner roof and this will give you access to the coach interior.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, I too have this set it is beautiful and good value. I also purchased extra coaches. This is a beast in length and it needs the bigger radius bends too. I also purchased kitchen sponges to make the inter car bellows so these are now looking neat and fully made up. I opted for the sponges with finger ridges so you get that in-out shape. Sound units are nice needs long runs to show off its size and elegant shape.:mask:
Woule be very nice to see a pic or two of what you have done, sure other owners would too.
JonD

Mcvie

Registered
25 Nov 2017
Kettle Falls, WA.
Best answers
Great Engineer above, let me get one of these....

Thanks for the information. I've seen it on youtube on layouts, maybe yours?, and the sound is great.

Counting ducats....1..2..it's going to take a bit.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Note, not a religous comment.

I'm sure the Gods of Railway Modelling won't be offended..... after all, they demand a Blood Sacrifice from us every time we try to work on anything..... :rofl:

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user