PIKO TEE Set

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Gizzy,
Gizzy, now you've seen the pics get out and buy one!! I'm even contemplating an extra passenger car or two to lengthen the train...need to do some testing to see if an extended unit would make it up my gradients.......
Thanks Keith, I reckon it doesn't look too bad from the front, and given it is on an S curve in the siding, it just about passes muster. My R1/R2 double track circuit will be partially hidden by a tunnel/cutting, and I might just run it on the outer R2 loop only.

The line will be an 'out and back' configuration, with a continuous loop at the far end, but for the time being, I am constrained to use small radius curves. One day, I might get a little more space to go for R3 minimum, but I want to get up and running before winter if I can....

Reactions: 1 user

Mallarddriver

Registered
9 Apr 2012
Skipton,UK
Best answers
Hello Gizzy,
I would try to fill the gap between the coaches with some kind of bellow.
Here is my TEE made in 2005:

The gap isn´t completly closed but if you try that you even won´t make it through R2
Best regards
Soeren

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
You could play this while watching the train progress around the loop............

Reactions: 1 users

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
Gizzy. Scottish Garden Railways have a 7 piece set for £950 - the 3 car set plus 4 coaches (all boxed) fitted Massoth DCC and sound.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
You could play this while watching the train progress around the loop............

Haven't heard that for ages! Fitting, but not the best of Kraftwerk's tracks..... ;)

In tribute:

Jon.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Gizzy. Scottish Garden Railways have a 7 piece set for £950 - the 3 car set plus 4 coaches (all boxed) fitted Massoth DCC and sound.

Sounds good to me, Giz, better warm up the credit card..... Don't worry, we won't tell the Memsahib.....

Jon.

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
That's the one I'm after Mike?

So hands off guys.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds good to me, Giz, better warm up the credit card..... Don't worry, we won't tell the Memsahib.....

Jon.
Got the cash to splash, and I've a birthday coming up!

Memsahib might even give me some pocket money towards it....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Gizzy,

After overnight rain is been sunny down here today so decided to get the TEE currently parked in the running shed out on the line:

View attachment 226438

....but first of all had to move the Allegra which was blocking the way.... but it does give you some idea of the comparative size of the models:

View attachment 226439

The Allegra was backed out of the Running Shed and parked in the station area:

View attachment 226440

...and shortly followed by the TEE:

View attachment 226441

The back of the power car is sitting an R1 point whilst the passenger car is on a couple of R1s with the rest of the train negotiating an R3 point and curves.

Same view but from a different angle:

View attachment 226443

.... and face-on for size comparison:

View attachment 226442

.....and, lastly, side on:

View attachment 226444

Gizzy, now you've seen the pics get out and buy one!! I'm even contemplating an extra passenger car or two to lengthen the train...need to do some testing to see if an extended unit would make it up my gradients.......
To be fair most things look pretty daft on R1 except perhaps Stainz and Toytrain Wagons oh and perhaps LGB Trams. But we have all to cut our cloth as it were.

I am thankful that on my new line I managed to get pretty well exclusive use Peco Points and 4ft Curves. In the Shed I have used some R2 with R3 Points on my Branch and the LGB 2-10-2's do look a bit daft on that. I have just one R1 and some curves in a fiddle yard hidden below the R2's so I can live with that.

Best advice I can give to starters is to try to go for the largest curves you can manage even if this means less Railway.

As regards Gizzie's former 2 car TEE, I rather liked that and wonder if you regret selling itbon now that you have a bigger Garden? I have seen Keith's Piko TEE running and it is indeed a magnificent piece of kit. But sadly not for me. Hope your Brexit Scottish UK exit negotiations for the TEE work OK for you Gizzy.
JonD

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
As regards Gizzie's former 2 car TEE, I rather liked that and wonder if you regret selling it on now that you have a bigger Garden?
JonD
I brought the model from Wijnand (remember him?). It was based on a ICE chassis but with a solid balsa wood body. It was painted very nicely, but had no windows. Looked nice on the straights but it had a huge overhang on R1 curves....

6f38018bb3bb4c30a65d428ca3bb3e22.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I brought the model from Wijnand (remember him?). It was based on a ICE chassis but with a solid balsa wood body. It was painted very nicely, but had no windows. Looked nice on the straights but it had a huge overhang on R1 curves....

View attachment 226486
I remember Winjand, and I remember the flying Hamburger :nod::nod::nod::nod:

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Gizzy,
I would try to fill the gap between the coaches with some kind of bellow.
Here is my TEE made in 2005:

The gap isn´t completly closed but if you try that you even won´t make it through R2
Best regards
Soeren
That's a nice model Soeren...

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

View attachment 226486
Sorry do not remember Winjand, but then I have a carp memory.

FYI a full Circle of Curves and a couple of R3 points went out of the door this morning, just 15 R3 Curves left now but I could make a full circle by using a couple of shorter ones.
JonD

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry do not remember Winjand, but then I have a carp memory.

FYI a full Circle of Curves and a couple of R3 points went out of the door this morning, just 15 R3 Curves left now but I could make a full circle by using a couple of shorter ones.
JonD
As I mentioned Jon, space is the issue for the return loop, but one day, I might gain an extra couple of feet or so for R3 curves.

Wijnand was quite possibly our very first Dutch member of the forum in GSM days.

I've not heard from him lately though? I believe he had some health issues.

I might ask Henri to see if he can find him on the Dutch Telefoon Nummer CD....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
BREAKING NEWS

Had an email from Wijnand. He moved house and had to give up G Scale, but he still has a couple of locos and some other bits & bobs. So you never know, we might see him back here again.

And

I've brought the TEE set....

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice one Gizzy - looking forward to seeing it all - all 7 cars of it. Should look grand.