Video of my layout ... a little old but still ok. lets see yours

Sean.

Hmmmm
5 Oct 2017
Boston & Cocagne NB (not enough)
Best answers
Country flag
I found this video the other day and after watching it , I have the urge to do an updated one...
Lets see some of your video's of your pikes..

Reactions: 9 users

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag

Reactions: 5 users

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Here is another old one.....

Reactions: 4 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I decided to take up the challenge so here is a one minute glimpse of my indoor layout.

Reactions: 7 users

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
I don't really 'do' video but I have just tried to upload an old clip of a circuit of my line to You Tube as an experiment. Excuse the very poor editing. Let's see if this works...

Reactions: 8 users

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I don't really 'do' video but I have just tried to upload an old clip of a circuit of my line to You Tube as an experiment. Excuse the very poor editing. Let's see if this works...
That worked fine. More than fine, that's a beautiful garden you have there, harmonious with the wonderful railway running through it. Fantastic.

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
A bit wobbly but you get a view of the ride over the whole line - a year or so ago

Reactions: 7 users

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Good grief that's some layout. I assume that is several circuits in 8 minutes. What's the scale length? Even at that speed I'd be round my layout in about 20 seconds. Very nice.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Like yours a little old. One or two things have changed but pretty much as it still is. Max

Reactions: 6 users

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways & more caving. Fan of TTTE
1 Jan 2011
Bromsgrove
wychboldandstokepriorrailway.blogspot.co.uk
Best answers
I must admit that as interesting as it is seeing others' garden 'railways, I do like seeing a video with a bit of a story rather than random shots of trains - something with a bit of pace, something to maintain interest, and with some progression.
For a couple of years the G Scale Society ran a video competition at G Rail which attracted some top class videos which did meet the criteria I've outlined above.

Anyway here's a video that I made when I dismantled my railway.

Reactions: 6 users

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
My nearly two year old grandson loves your Thomas videos, we watch the high speed train one together every week. How is the new railway coming along?

I think I have posted mine before. No story I'm afraid but plenty of trains to spot. Looking at the video now all the trains seem to be going at a fair old speed which surprised me, even though I was both driver and camera operator.

Reactions: 5 users

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
From 2015. I have a couple hundred videos on Youtube. This is just one that I seem to favor.

Reactions: 3 users

kedwards

Caving, Garden Railways & more caving. Fan of TTTE
1 Jan 2011
Bromsgrove
wychboldandstokepriorrailway.blogspot.co.uk
Best answers
My nearly two year old grandson loves your Thomas videos, we watch the high speed train one together every week. How is the new railway coming along?

Thanks for watching the videos. I'm afraid the new railway is not coming along! The builders are still on site constructing an extension to the house and refurbishing the rest, and we are now lodging with daughter number two. Once we move back in there will be a patio to lay and lots of other jobs like painting and decorating, but I'm optimistic and I'm still hoping to get some track down in the Summer or Autumn.

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Good grief that's some layout. I assume that is several circuits in 8 minutes. What's the scale length? Even at that speed I'd be round my layout in about 20 seconds. Very nice.
Thanks :) .That's one journey out and back. About 160mtrs actual, I think, not sure what that is in scale miles. 3 horseshoe bends, a helix / spiral under and over the viaduct, and a reversing loop through a tunnel at the summit. The original "main line" forms a reversing loop at the bottom end for continuous running.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
FYI 160m is 3.6 km or 2 1/4 miles @ 1:22.5 scale

Reactions: 1 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
A short video I took this morning. I just got the little Daisy loco yesterday. It seems to run good. And my rs3 that I have only ran one other time. My railroad doesn't have a name yet. And is still under construction but I can run a couple trains finally.

Reactions: 3 users

Capt. Jack

Registered
12 Mar 2017
Florida
Best answers
Country flag
Amazing railroads. Great idea for a thread. Now I can put a railroad with the people that are so helpful to me on here. Thanks

Last edited:

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Great videos,although makes me envious of you fellas that run at ground level:envy::envy::envy::envy:,the slope in my garden makes that impossible,hey ho,but saying that I do hope to get some groundworks done where I can in the spring but where I am 3FT in the air in places it just can`t be done and if I extended the trackwork on the level to the house I COULD WALK UNDER IT!!!!

Reactions: 1 user