stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Looks pretty darned good to me.:clap:

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
yb281 said:
I can confirm that they are most definitely NOT upside down Cyril. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

But are they inside out I ask....

Glengrant

Registered
24 Oct 2009
NE Scotlamd
Best answers
Funnily enough Giz, I did ask myself that as I was assembling the things, but then I said, it doesn't really matter. So there we have it, as Peter Sellers said, the problem is solvved. Thanks to all my G-scale mates, and GRC, and Gibbies Tool Mart.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
welcome to the club railclamps:clap:

Rob s

trains, R/C models, 4x4 off roading, motor sport
24 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Glengrant said:
Right having wittered on about railclamps and flexitrack here is the latest from me. First of all, the ghastly result of bad track laying, not only is the join ugly, it does not provide good running.
images

So I make enquires and find that I can get Code250 railclamps, code250 being what Peco flexitrack is. I got these from GRC, excellent service. I think they work out at £1.50 each inc vat, but you will have postage on top of that. OK, now what is required is a socket to screw the bolts in/out.
images
I thought the size was either 2 or 3 mm. So off I goes to Gibbie's tool mart in King Street, great place, very helpful people, only to find that the size required is between 2 and 3 mm. All is not lost. Man says, how about if we try an Imperial size Allen key? Bingo, now I don't know what imp size this is, should be easy to work out. Cost of Allen key 0.35p. Now I had been advised that this was going to be a very tricky job, but absolutely not. Took me a few minutes. OK the track and ballast has to be cleaned up, but a very smooth join now exists. I need more clamps and less rain.
images

Someone is going to shoot me down and tell me I've put them on upside down

I have toyed with the idea of using these clamps on a few of my awkward curves
and a couple of points that seem to need a lot of maintenance for a while, but resisted the idea up till now.
Mainly because of the comments about being fiddly and needing fancy/long
etc alan drivers and partly the cost.
But not now :D
So thanks very much Cyril, BEST post on the use of rail clamps i have ever
seen.
Think this thread is a candidate for the 'TOP TIPS' section :clap::clap::clap:
Thanks again Cyril Top Man :cool::cool: