The Welsh Highland Railway NG/G16 #130

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
has long held a fascination for me, and when Accucraft announced the production of this class of 2ft gauge Beyer-Garratt locomotive back in 2007, I couldn't wait to have my own, in maroon.

As many here know, I have been the proud owner of my model for these many years, and have tried to keep it in operation without stinting on its various needs over the my time of ownership. A couple of things have always sort of rankled, though. The lack of working lights - surely overdue - and the lack of the brightly-polished [mostly] brass notice plates to be found on the large mechanical lubricators located at each end of the loco - seen here -

1666102357006.png

But not here -

1666102422509.png

Until today, when this pair of exquisite laser-etched replications turned up in the mail having been ordered from the manufacturer at a visit to Bicester to celebrate 75 years of the Gauge 1 Model Railway Association at the beginning of the month.

1666102591885.png

I'm particularly impressed by the random appearance of the 'screwheads'. The penny piece was borrowed from next door, BTW, since I didn't want to use a one-cent piece [of which I have many].

I'm more than happy to share the name of the manufacturer - off-piste, as 'twere, as I have no wish to run foul of the management. Suffice it to say that they were not cheap, but then beautiful work like this never is. If you are interested in these or indeed anything else in this line, please PM me.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
:clap:

So, just the lighting, now then? :wondering:

PhilP

Reactions: 1 user