Stainz builders plates

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
For the want of a better place to put this post, I have placed it here, so if the mods feel it is in the wrong place then relocate it.

As I have posted elsewhere I have had to replace my damaged Stainz boiler shell, so It's striped of parts pending the replacement arriving.

Now I thought the builders plates on the dome were a print/transfer, due my lack of feeling in my finger ends, but they appear to be some sort of sticker.

So how easy is it to remove them for reuse on the new boiler, suggestions on what works and what not to do, would be welcome.

Failing that can anyone point me in the direction of a pair of replacements, as my www search as failed to find a pair.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Bertram Heyn does allsorts of builders plates etc..

Perhaps there will be something there?

PhilP

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
If as I believe they are stickers. Gentle placing of craft knife to tease under plates to get a bit lifted then gently removal with tweezers should work. But if you do it prior to putting on new loco you can gently press plates on a piece of clean plasticard, you do not want any carp on the stickers.

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Boiler shell is now within the UK and in the hands of R.M., so it will turn up here at some point.

Looks as if I will have to go for the peel and re stick option, for the builders plates, but it will be the last job on the re build list.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
This stuff is great, and what i use at work . Useful for lots other stuff about the house too, jar labels, and will even take off acrylic paint too. It also none caustic and has no know carcinogens.
20230920_133639[1].jpg