Seated people on the "smaller" side

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Afternoon, Im looking for seated figures, I have over the years "collected" several figures from secondhand items and my fathers bits and bobs, and they are all of different scales. The "older" lgb stuff seams to be smaller than the newer stuff. im after the smaller end of the spectrum. Any recommendations.

I like the style and look of the Pola/Faller blokes and lady (Pola 331503) , has anyone got these and can judge the scale and if there on the "smaller" size as im using created seats.

331503 6 seated people.jpg

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
A good guide for g scale people is to check the height against a credit card....

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I have bought the "cheap" stuff from China on evilbay, and it defiantly on the smaller side, so fitted my Bachmann coach quite well.

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I have bought the "cheap" stuff from China on evilbay, and it defiantly on the smaller side, so fitted my Bachmann coach quite well.
I've bought lots of the Chinese people. They look like they have been painted with a 2" brush but they are cheap & look OK inside a coach

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I've bought lots of the Chinese people. They look like they have been painted with a 2" brush but they are cheap & look OK inside a coach
I wasnt too bothered about the race, but maybe Swiss/German looking (runs and hides from the woke brigade)

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
For my part so long as you use LGB in one coach and smaller cheep Chineese ones in different coaches the difference will be barely noticeable from the standard viewpoint.

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
The Chinese ones are fine in coaches, especially as they tend to be a touch small and so fit better. I reserve any better quality branded figures for loco crew or more prominent display outside. I end up painting them anyway, so I'm not fussed with how they come, and like DickyC hinted, I aim for a little regional authenticity, in my case a slightly darker shade of flesh and black hair predominates!

Flying15

Registered
12 May 2015
London
Best answers
Country flag
Just a thought, don’t we all come in different sizes. My partner and her sisters all are pushing 6’ in height most of her girlfriends are closer to five. When I was a young man I had a 28” waste, but it seems many years on to have expanded.

• Haha

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Just a thought, don’t we all come in different sizes. My partner and her sisters all are pushing 6’ in height most of her girlfriends are closer to five. When I was a young man I had a 28” waste, but it seems many years on to have expanded.
Indeed so, a dog walking lady friend is no taller than 4’10” so quite small and not in the least bit overweight though not a skinny rake. For myself when I was around 22 I was horrified to note that I weighed in at 12.5 stone, once thinned I have kept myself to be not over 11stone, well December may add a few pounds but dry January brings me back to under 11 stone though these days not the 10.5 where I would rather be. Trouser size kept to 32 waist, keeping low in weight helps with that plus as a Yorkshire man I am too mean to change all my trousers to a larger waist, cutting a bit down on food and booze is a much cheeper option.

• Haha

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
what scale would like to be then 1:25 rather than 1:22.5 ?

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
When I was even younger than I am now, I was into rowing. Most rowers are large muscle bound folk, so to boost my chances I pumped countless weights, eat lots of suitable food etc, but was never more than a lightweight (around 11stone) now, when I certainly don't need any more weight, I only need to glance at a cake and the pounds pile on

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I've found that the Pola peeps are too big for the seats in my LGB 3062 coaches, so the smaller ones might work out a better fit....

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I've found that the Pola peeps are too big for the seats in my LGB 3062 coaches, so the smaller ones might work out a better fit....
A bit of leg chopped off would work. ouch!

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
thanks Gizzy, top info.

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
When I was even younger than I am now, I was into rowing. Most rowers are large muscle bound folk, so to boost my chances I pumped countless weights, eat lots of suitable food etc, but was never more than a lightweight (around 11stone) now, when I certainly don't need any more weight, I only need to glance at a cake and the pounds pile on
Well I didnt expect this thread to turn into a kind of therapy session, but hope I have helped in some way ! x x

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
OK, So the Chinese 1:25 Small people that look quite like 1940s Anglo saxon/scooby doo characters!!! arrived via the delightful Evri (comments about this shambles stop with the name) today. They are certainly "smaller and true to the 1:25 scale they claim. But their narrow non Mc Donald's eating thin ass's fit the new 3d Printed seats im producing. something slightly larger would have been idea but for £16 quid it was worth the punt ! thanks for the advice all.

Interestingly the phone didn't put a little square (identifying it as a face) around the face of the ebay figures but did around the newish LGB jobbie when photos taken, what is it with the lady and the LARGE goggles. older lgb figure (lady in pink to left side)
20240309_160846.jpg

20240309_160905.jpg 20240309_160925.jpg 20240309_160933.jpg

Last edited:

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
So I thought I would try something different so I purchased the 3d files off of Design Scan Print 3D (who I think go around the shows, not sure if this is the chap on here that offer people 3d files for free too) for a chappie M45 at the price of £5, and reduced the standard 16mm size it was offered in to a scale I thought more manageable (about 65cm tall) and set it off last night on one of its 7 hrs prints ! this was the result, which I am really quite happy with. Im going to buy another file from them now also. PS goggle lady has also been to Harley street and is undertaking some "plastic surgery" too...

20240311_101334.jpg

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Has goggle lady had her bag stolen?

PhilP

• Haha