Mike Bett

Beer, G Gauge, Beer, Cricket, Beer.
14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I am looking for something to play the bells and singing in the Church on my layout.
It will be powered by my layout lighting circuits, and will need to have a speaker.
Any recommendations, don’t need any swish expensive kit!

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
check out the vid in this product, the basic sound card has a church option. if you contact Marius at MD he will let you know of a US dealer or send it out himself.

you can change the subtitles in a YT video to english.

Last edited:

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I've used a couple of these modules - self contained and cheap with the option to loop the sound so it plays continuously
Ali advert.jpg

This is as advertised on AliExpress but you can get them in the UK for around £12 from eBay

Here's one way I've used mine (with a video so you can see what it sounds like)

Rik

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Or here's another alternative. About the same price but a neater package and plays sounds from a micro SD card.

Rik
PS - An added bonus is a built-in FM radio so you could listen to Radio 4 (or whatever) while you're gardening.

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys.
What I am looking for is something that will be powered by the building lighting circuit, so that when I switch on the lights in the buildings the sounds kick in and play. No buttons to press and no charging needed.

I have looked at the cubes, great price, but hassle with charging and switching on and off.

Any further suggestions much appreciated.

Degauss

Registered
9 Jun 2017
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks guys.
What I am looking for is something that will be powered by the building lighting circuit, so that when I switch on the lights in the buildings the sounds kick in and play. No buttons to press and no charging needed.

I have looked at the cubes, great price, but hassle with charging and switching on and off.

Any further suggestions much appreciated.
How much electric do want to do?
You can used a DY-SV8F or DY-SV5W module. Requires 5v dc in, has 5W output for speaker and 8 select lines.
The DY-SV8F has 4M memory onboard which to store music on via the USB socket. The DY-SV5W uses a SD card for holding music.
If a select line is connected to ground, then that track plays continuously when power is applied.
Available from amazon/eBay/AliExpress just search for DY-SV8F or DY-SV5W. [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CP79C4WC]

Will hold more than one track. When sick of the same music, flip a switch (8 position rotary would be good) and will play something different.

Mike Bett

14 Apr 2010
Fallbrook, California.
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Degauss. Sounds as if this will do the trick. I can give it 5V DC.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I use ITTC sound modules. The cost is $39.95 per module. George, the maker of these will happily make a custom module at no additional cost.
Here's a link to his site;

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
I use ITTC sound modules. The cost is $39.95 per module. George, the maker of these will happily make a custom module at no additional cost.
Here's a link to his site;

Allegedly, he will no longer supply to the UK..

PhilP

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
How much electric do want to do?
You can used a DY-SV8F or DY-SV5W module. Requires 5v dc in, has 5W output for speaker and 8 select lines.
The DY-SV8F has 4M memory onboard which to store music on via the USB socket. The DY-SV5W uses a SD card for holding music.
If a select line is connected to ground, then that track plays continuously when power is applied.
Available from amazon/eBay/AliExpress just search for DY-SV8F or DY-SV5W. [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CP79C4WC]

Will hold more than one track. When sick of the same music, flip a switch (8 position rotary would be good) and will play something different.

Is this device as simple as it appears ? How do you load sounds to it ? Where does the SD card go ?