Massoth sound list

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All,

I know this is a silly question but where can I find a List of the sounds available from Massoth please,

By this this I mean the which the list that tells you the LS/XLS decoder number and sounds on them ... ie 823xxxx for X loco.

I cannot seem to find an up to date list anywhere, obviously looking in the wrong places !!!

Many thanks.

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
You can also add a custom sound for a function via the official software tool - Massoth suggests creating it via the 'Audacity' freebie, to a specific spec, then you upload it. Mind you, the entire well-documented process seems way beyond the skillset of the 'expert' retained by a certain Home Counties retailer.

LGB333

TRADER
15 Feb 2015
McLean Virginia
www.olddominionrailways.com
Best answers
Country flag
Please be aware that some of the Massoth sound files are not good quality. Specifically, the US Uintah, Mogul and Mikado steamer sound files have distortion in the chuff sounds when operating a low (slow) speed steps. I complained to Massoth a couple years ago but I don't think they've fixed these sound files. When I sell or install a Massoth XLS or LS sound decoder for a customer for these type LGB locomotives, I recommend that I install either the Forney or K-27 steamer sound files which don't have the chuff sound distortion. Just thought I'd share this issue with you and others about these Massoth sound files.

Reactions: 1 user