SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
First track powered run of the year with a new addition to the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway fleet...
A quick running session featuring the new LGB 24140 Orenstein & Koppel 0-4-0T. A common sight on many industrial narrow gauge railways around the world, these little engines could be found anyway from quarries, plantations, to construction sites, moving all manor of goods, minerals and machinery.
Here we see LGB's latest version of the model in Smart Light Green and Black livery, operating on the Garden Railway, hauling a rake of 6 mixed LGB Light Railway open wagons.
Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
That's a fantastic little engine. I can't believe that after waiting for so long for it to arrive Lgb have decided to discontinue production.

Que?? Where does that info come from, please? Having just released this and the diesel on the same re-engineered mechanism, I can't see any reason at all for them to delete it - unless of course the first batch are all sold and the next lot will be in a new livery, maybe?

Jon.

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Like most model trains. Marklin/LGB produce in batches. The batch is sold in to the supply chain and that;s the end of it for a while. Often the next batch will be a different loco number or colour or road or whatever - under a new part number (as Willem suggests above)
It does mean if you really want something, you need to buy it when its first around as it may quickly sell through and be difficult to find.
The days of back room stock are over - too expensive.

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
Yep Alan, my first experience of it was with the LGB [HASHTAG]#21930[/HASHTAG] HSB Köf. At the time (2011?) I didn't have the funds available, so I was like "I'll wait for my birthday money so I can buy it". Woooosh, first batch sold out at the factory and in shops. Never seen a second batch after it. So I'm pretty happy it's finally coming back this year under [HASHTAG]#21935[/HASHTAG] (although it's a shame I'll have to rip out the mfx trash, waste of money).

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Great looking little loco - very photogenic on your railway

Rik

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Thanks ever so much for all the kind comments. Sure is a superb little loco. Just ordered up the Deutz diesel to join her. Both models are very similar to locos that would of seen service in my local area constructing the real Blagdon and Chew Lakes. ;)