LGB 2096S (OBB Class 2095) Loco Sound?

Steve Seidensticker

Registered
14 Oct 2020
San Diego, California
Best answers
Country flag
I have a customer wanting battery power and smartphone control installed into the subject loco. I estimate the loco to be about 30 years old, but to my surprise the original LGB sound system still works. It sounds like a one cylinder motorcycle. I was able to glean from some LGB German documentation that the prototype has a 12 cylinder diesel engine. Based on this I suspect that the LGB sound system is not very realistic.

I plan to install a SoundTraxx Blunami BLU-4408 receiver/decoder, which has a wide variety prime mover sounds available. Can anyone on this list point me to recordings or sound samples for this or similar locos? Many thanks.

Steve Seidensticker

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I have a customer wanting battery power and smartphone control installed into the subject loco. I estimate the loco to be about 30 years old, but to my surprise the original LGB sound system still works. It sounds like a one cylinder motorcycle. I was able to glean from some LGB German documentation that the prototype has a 12 cylinder diesel engine. Based on this I suspect that the LGB sound system is not very realistic.

I plan to install a SoundTraxx Blunami BLU-4408 receiver/decoder, which has a wide variety prime mover sounds available. Can anyone on this list point me to recordings or sound samples for this or similar locos? Many thanks.

Steve Seidensticker
There is a good recording at here
Also you don't need to go to the expense of Blunami. A MyLocoSound soundcard can be set up to make these engine and horn sounds and will connect to the BlueRail system used by Blunami using the wiring diagram below. Our US distributor, G Scale Graphics in Colorado, will be able to help you.

Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
wiring-diagram-bluerail-laptop-pjpk3aem-jpg.318783

Attachments

• Wiring diagram - BlueRail-LAPTOP-PJPK3AEM.jpg
    Wiring diagram - BlueRail-LAPTOP-PJPK3AEM.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 0

Steve Seidensticker

Registered
14 Oct 2020
San Diego, California
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Peter,

Great video find! That was more info in a few minutes than after an hour or more of searching. This is a great forum!

Steve

Steve Seidensticker

Registered
14 Oct 2020
San Diego, California
Best answers
Country flag
There is a good recording at here
Also you don't need to go to the expense of Blunami. A MyLocoSound soundcard can be set up to make these engine and horn sounds and will connect to the BlueRail system used by Blunami using the wiring diagram below. Our US distributor, G Scale Graphics in Colorado, will be able to help you.

Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
wiring-diagram-bluerail-laptop-pjpk3aem-jpg.318783
MyLocoSound is a great product. I have one connected to a BlueRailDCC board as depicted in your diagram. It gets a workout every month in my Gopher Canyon Line op session.

Steve

Fred2179G

Registered
20 Apr 2017
USA
Best answers
Country flag
BlueRail system
Peter, to my knowledge there is no 'Bluerail system' these days. The are entirely focused on Blunami and Bluerail-DCC, to the point that the older Bluerail cards aren't even on the website these days..

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, to my knowledge there is no 'Bluerail system' these days. The are entirely focused on Blunami and Bluerail-DCC, to the point that the older Bluerail cards aren't even on the website these days..
Yep, looks like you are correct. Thanks

Peter

Eeyore.Boater

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Stafford
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
A few useful sound clips to be harvested from this one. The absence of the main roof panel allows the engine to be heard, not just the exhaust.
Just tap "watch on youtube"