If the L&B can do it.....

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
...then I can! The locomotive is not finished of course. I am currently waiting for spec glazing from ACME Engineering http://www.acmesteam.co.uk and Exmouth Junction shed plates (Bridestowe is a sub shed of Exmouth) and smokebox number The cycling lion is from DJB http://www.djbengineering.co.uk/index0.html and the numbers from Fox http://www.fox-transfers.co.uk

532d0e2b28ba410cb303670eb5c0010a.jpg

You can get a clearer view of those nice little fabricated oilers from Locoworks. Note the pipework along the boiler for the vacuum. Just bent from blackened piano wire but with connection across from boiler to smokebox done with two de treaded nuts an' a bit of brass tube. The vac stands are part DJB and part me.
8f98f6308e194955a9315e65ea023e71.jpg

The other side of the locomotive. We now have some decent size coal in the bunker. Note the safety chains from Brandbright. No link because I cannot make this website work.
eb0ad786e09342d0825f0036fdc609e0.jpg

T'back end. Some tidying up to do here still. Gotta blacken the vent window in the door and change those tie wraps on the whistle steam link to black. There is a driver in their somewhere but I am working on a better version...
b3f1d180e4234c6db444ae125ecf6b9e.jpg

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
I should add that this loco is not lined because it is in BR(SR) freight livery not Mixed Traffic

Tag

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Niiiice....

jameshilton

Registered
22 Nov 2010
Near Llangollen, United Kingdom
ejklr.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Tag that looks lovely! I was just thinking, whilst browsing your other thread, how 'real' she'd started to look with the toned down finish - what a wonderful transformation from engineering toy to model.

I do wonder if the number would have looked a touch more balanced if further towards the smokebox a touch, and a little lower on the cab side but hey - it's your engine. The smokebox number plate will really finish it off nicely!!

I was wondering about doing something similar with a track powered Bachmann Lyn after some cab surgery to better match the prototype!

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Top job Tag.

Hope you don't mind I amended a couple of the links in yer first posting as they weren't working.

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
jameshilton said:
Tag that looks lovely! I was just thinking, whilst browsing your other thread, how 'real' she'd started to look with the toned down finish - what a wonderful transformation from engineering toy to model.

I do wonder if the number would have looked a touch more balanced if further towards the smokebox a touch, and a little lower on the cab side but hey - it's your engine. The smokebox number plate will really finish it off nicely!!

I was wondering about doing something similar with a track powered Bachmann Lyn after some cab surgery to better match the prototype!

Well it would look more balanced James ? but that was where they largely put em! One thing is for sure ? it ain't gonna change now :D

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
3Valve said:
Top job Tag.

Hope you don't mind I amended a couple of the links in yer first posting as they weren't working.
Many thanks :)

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Mmmm, really like that. Nice job Tag. You've got me thinking about my Bachmann Baldwin now. :thinking::thinking:

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
You've created a true masterpiece Tag. She's absolutely adorable.
I'm not jealous, at all.....

Dear Santa,
I've been REALLY good this year so please can I have one just like Florence.
From
Tommy aged 60 and a bit.

John Morgan

Steam Traction
23 Jun 2011
Norfolk
Best answers
Tag,

The loco looks wonderful a really good job, cant wait to see the loco in steam.

John.

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
yb281 said:
Mmmm, really like that. Nice job Tag. You've got me thinking about my Bachmann Baldwin now. :thinking::thinking:
In BR livery?

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
tagorton said:
yb281 said:
In BR livery?
Yes, it's already black. Seem to remember seeing something similar recently in some magazine or other? ;);) :D:D

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
Would look good going through the narrows....

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
Shucks Tom. DJB produced the loco. I just modded and tiivated... Anything I can do can be done. By yer average modeller. Once one can drill a hole in the right place and put thread in it then that is about it....

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
OK spot the differences! In fact the running plates are now semi matt ? and the spec plate is a whole lot neater. I don't like too much bling and the spec rims were just too 'in yer face' so I used a tip I picked up from Matt (brianthesnail) and reversed 'em ? looks so much better. I don't mind a bit of bling and paint in the cab. There are several other changes and more to come ? all simple stuff as befits a knife and fork modeller ? but I am very pleased with the way this is coming on. These are lovely steamers ? nice big firebox!
92e36760e2ee4cc3af3e1a6b865fd7ed.jpg

the cylinders are matt finish as well.
b814e28e6b2c4474aa9137ddbccae00d.jpg

I do like a bit of bling in the cab ? hence red controls, brassbound firebox and cream cab

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Oh yus, definitely looks the mutt's nuts Tag. Consider that idea nicked. :D

Black Baldwin, Anglisized (the black version has all the American bits), BR colour scheme, self contained battery power and RC (Li-Ion battery ordered via ebay, RC kit ordered from Cliff Barker). Next stop, the narrows. :clap:

tagorton

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Cornwall
Best answers
yb281 said:

Black Baldwin, Anglisized (the black version has all the American bits), BR colour scheme, self contained battery power and RC (Li-Ion battery ordered via ebay, RC kit ordered from Cliff Barker). Next stop, the narrows. :clap:
I trust you will write this up Mel on completion????

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
tagorton said:
yb281 said:

Like it Tag, yes certainly nick the idea but it'll cost yer another article :clap::clap:

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
tagorton said:
yb281 said:

Be rude not to. :D

Drummond

Registered
27 Aug 2011
Best answers
Coo er um gosh, that's a good loco. One to aim for, methinks. Mine is black, too- well, the bits I've got to date....thanks for all the add ons, now I know what I'll have for Christmas!!

Tim