G scale track plans with part numbers

CentralNH

Registered
1 Jan 2024
New Hampshire
Best answers
Country flag
Hello I am new to garden railroad. I have done trains in the house for years. I was wondering if there is a place to see track plans with part numbers for track. Thank you.

CentralNH

Registered
1 Jan 2024
New Hampshire
Best answers
Country flag
I just looked through pictures how many feet/ meters of track do you have

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

SevenOfDiamonds

Registered
3 Jan 2010
Best answers
Country flag
track plans with part numbers for track

I'm not sure if you already have the track (and want to see what it could make) or not, but have you considered using AnyRail (AnyRail™ - The easiest model railroad design software) to plan your own layout? Once downloaded, you can select the LGB track library and build a track plan using the LGB track section numbers (or with the mouseover text, the description) . . .

1705413579107.png

The free version allows you to create track plans with up to 50 track pieces (nothing to stop you creating and saving multiple 50-piece layouts). You can pay (£47) to have a version with unlimited track pieces.

Just a thought

Best wishes

David

Attachments

• 1705413330727.png
    1705413330727.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 0

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
I'm not sure if you already have the track (and want to see what it could make) or not, but have you considered using AnyRail (AnyRail™ - The easiest model railroad design software) to plan your own layout? Once downloaded, you can select the LGB track library and build a track plan using the LGB track section numbers (or with the mouseover text, the description) . . .

View attachment 322833

The free version allows you to create track plans with up to 50 track pieces (nothing to stop you creating and saving multiple 50-piece layouts). You can pay (£47) to have a version with unlimited track pieces.

Just a thought

Best wishes

David
I've used AnyRail for some years, both the free version and more recently the paid for version. Excellent support, both on the website and by email.

rentren

LGB - Viafier Retica Wälderbähnle Rheinbähnle
22 Aug 2020
Kaslo/BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Best answers
Country flag
On a Mac RailModeller Pro.
For track power just a few blocks and ability to deaden sidings. Five of my engines are BP/RC, some small ones which I do not want to convert use track power and can be run but one at a time on Track 1, another one on Track 2. Yes, there are two parts in the layout which require turn-loop wiring. As they are connected with stations (and stopping) the problem is reasonably simple to solve (just watch polarities ;-])
Landeck-Graubünden Bahn.png

Last edited:

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I've used AnyRail for some years, both the free version and more recently the paid for version. Excellent support, both on the website and by email.
I tried Anyrail and found it good for building in setrack, I did find flexible track, which I use, a bit of a challenge.

Reactions: 1 user

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
One thing to be aware of if you mix different makes of track.

Whilst the straights are generally 12 in/30 cm length or multiples of, curves radii are quite different.

For example, Piko R3 will fit inside LGB R3 as they are of different radii. Can be confusing but it can also be useful if you want a double track curve....

Reactions: 1 user