Crusader Class.

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
In a rare departure from my daily throwaway photo, I thought someone might be interested in of my little doodles. I got to thinking that the big solar loco I have nearly finished, was too big. So then I thought I would sketch out a smaller loco, I did that and called the class name "Venturer". It is a steeplecab loco with the solar panels on the bonnets and the cab like the one in the Flick on Youtube. THEN, I thought a little more, and considered that, as it is only sunny in England for two days a year, I might build an evil twin with some of those polluting batteries. ( well when you charge em up they are connected DIRECTLY to Ratcliffe on Soar power station, right?) So I copied the design, left off the solar panels, and shoved in some batteries and radio control. This then, is the "Crusader", another steeple cab loco, I've not decided if it should have a pantograph or an exhaust on it yet.
1.1.jpeg

1.2.0.jpeg

1.2.1.jpeg

1.3.jpeg

1.4.jpeg

1.5.jpeg

1.6.0.jpeg

1.6.1.jpeg

1.7.jpeg

If you're still here, these diagrams were produced on a (hookey) 22 year old CAD programme. I do realise that I need to get a grip with the latest stuff so I can draw and squirt to a 3D printer. If you can see anything adrift, I would be pleased if you could say.

Attachments

• 1.6.2.jpeg
    1.6.2.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 3 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Unfortunately, this ground-breaking concept has been overtaken - India have just introduced a 1:1 version :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: 1 user

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
If you're calling your drawing doodles, you are vastly under rating your talent. Furthermore, I can't even do twenty year old CAD. I'm still a pencil and paper draftsman.

Reactions: 1 user

Hal Farsed

D.P. Gumby.
7 Apr 2014
Staffordshire, England.
Best answers
Country flag
Microstation 95 Dan. But I'm still not allowed to say where I got it.