Brothalbahn D4

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
German pronunciation? Same as as my French and Spanish. English but louder, I'm afraid. I get highly embarrassed trying to speak any other language, especially when I'm talking to a European who's English is better than mine. With my lifelong hearing problems, any pronunciation is difficult, so although I could actually read and write French quite well, my French lessons at school were the source of much hilarity and embarrassment
The German language is much more straightforward and logical ............................. to Germans :emo::emo:

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
My D4 came secondhand from Glendale Junction. I wonder…
Great video. Thanks for posting. One of my favourite railways. Was there in 2022 for my second visit.

Simon

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
My D4 came secondhand from Glendale Junction. I wonder…
Great video. Thanks for posting. One of my favourite railways. Was there in 2022 for my second visit.

Simon
Oh if it had a small round sticker on the underneath of the chassis giving DCC number and or another random number sticker it could well have been my one.

MaybachMD

Registered
18 May 2018
Bromley, Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Doesn’t have a sticker now and I can’t remember if it had one when I got it. I have had it quite a while now. It has had some abuse, I use it a lot. Worn out the skates. I really like it. It is very heavy and will pull anything. Be great if it was yours.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
The German language is much more straightforward and logical ............................. to Germans :emo::emo:
They certainly have some long words! Strange as English has it's roots from the same language as German

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
They certainly have some long words! Strange as English has it's roots from the same language as German
40 years ago, I was apparently the Untereisenbahnbetriebsleiter for British Forces Germany :blush:.

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
40 years ago, I was apparently the Untereisenbahnbetriebsleiter for British Forces Germany :blush:.
My boss was always referred to as the Obersturmbanngropeninthedarkenfuhrer.

David

viaEstrecha

Spanish metre gauge in G scale (on the cheap)
25 Oct 2009
Bedfordshire
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
My boss was always referred to as the Obersturmbanngropeninthedarkenfuhrer.

David
It also works in English - before that in Belfast, I had a non-job and so made a sign for my office door 'DADAFA'. This politely translates to Deputy Assistant Director of Absolutely Fanny Adams. Thread drift, sorry.