tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
p.williams said:
I've got one of them...rough,noisy wobbly axles
not as good as nquida, are they alyn ?

If you read one of my earlier posts in this thread, I said all my Bachmann trams have been reworked and fitted with buhler motors as per LGB.:clap: Alyn

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
themole said:
The Bachmann tram is 100% correct, model is Jackson Sharp demonstrator #100 Alyn I will post a picture.
images
images
images
images
images

Interesting Alyn. I always thought the Bachmann tram was a generic model too. Had no idea it was modelled on an acutal prototype.

The watercar is excellent BTW.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
We have changed platforms, and software (at least once) not everything was salvaged, so some older material has been lost..
At least one picture hosting service, has also died as well..

PhilP

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
We have changed platforms, and software (at least once) not everything was salvaged, so some older material has been lost..
At least one picture hosting service, has also died as well..

PhilP
Arww and I was hoping to learn from threads that came before me :cry: in pictures

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Arww and I was hoping to learn from threads that came before me :cry: in pictures
Same has occured to my early railway build, as and when I am going back to reinsert the pictures. But is a traumatic process working out which of many pictures should be put in which post. I think ge_rik ge_rik has the right idea by also having a blog of his work. But creating one now for all of my posts an even more daunting task, to say also I would not have a clue how to build a blog like Rik’s superb one.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
Same has occured to my early railway build, as and when I am going back to reinsert the pictures. But is a traumatic process working out which of many pictures should be put in which post. I think ge_rik ge_rik has the right idea by also having a blog of his work. But creating one now for all of my posts an even more daunting task, to say also I would not have a clue how to build a blog like Rik’s superb one.
Jon, I have given quite a bit of thought to a blog type something, like ya'sel I wouldn't know where to start, I did purchase a software package a year or so ago but folk don't seem to host web pages not generated from web hosting companies own system (apologies to any IT folk if I've used the wrong terms). The software is quite good because I could do any updates and fiddling about on the computer and only upload it when I was happy, and not run the risk of an on-line fubar to a live site. This could be complete gollywoggle these days, but as I spend my working day on a computer, interest to learn more computer stuff which takes time away from modelling doesn't get much enthusiasm, so I put up with what I have and use.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Jon, I have given quite a bit of thought to a blog type something, like ya'sel I wouldn't know where to start, I did purchase a software package a year or so ago but folk don't seem to host web pages not generated from web hosting companies own system (apologies to any IT folk if I've used the wrong terms). The software is quite good because I could do any updates and fiddling about on the computer and only upload it when I was happy, and not run the risk of an on-line fubar to a live site. This could be complete gollywoggle these days, but as I spend my working day on a computer, interest to learn more computer stuff which takes time away from modelling doesn't get much enthusiasm, so I put up with what I have and use.
I use Google Blogger, as do ge_rik ge_rik and GAP GAP , though not as feature full as other paid for blogs, if you can write HTML then it is not bad. Use "Create Blog" top R/H corner:

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I use Google Blogger, as do ge_rik ge_rik and GAP GAP , though not as feature full as other paid for blogs, if you can write HTML then it is not bad. Use "Create Blog" top R/H corner:

I cannot use HTML, I just use compose on Blogger

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

HTML, you might just as well expect me to write in Swahili.

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
I cannot use HTML, I just use compose on Blogger
HTML, you might just as well expect me to write in Swahili.
Sorry, the point was you can create a good site with the features provided, but it you want more the use of HTML is available.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I used Blogger's basic editor as presented for about five or more years and only dipped into HTML code when I wanted to add a contents list at the top of a long page. The. Only other time I've used HTML is for putting a box round a paragraph and insert a table.

In all cases, I simply do a Google search for the right bit of code and paste it in. My knowledge of HTML is very basic. The editor does most of the stuff I need and is as easy to use as this forum's editor. The great bonus of Blogger is it's free.

Rik

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
I used Blogger's basic editor as presented for about five or more years and only dipped into HTML code when I wanted to add a contents list at the top of a long page. The. Only other time I've used HTML is for putting a box round a paragraph and insert a table.

In all cases, I simply do a Google search for the right bit of code and paste it in. My knowledge of HTML is very basic. The editor does most of the stuff I need and is as easy to use as this forum's editor. The great bonus of Blogger is it's free.

Rik
As I only use HTML rarely these days, Google do provide some good reminders.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Does Blogger have a way of taking a backup of your blog, and storing it 'elsewhere'?

My worry with all the 'free' services, is them disappearing..

PhilP

JimmyB

23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
Best answers
Country flag
Does Blogger have a way of taking a backup of your blog, and storing it 'elsewhere'?

PhilP
You can use one of the many free FPT tools to save to your hard drive.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

PhilP
Or you can use Bloggers own tools:

Back up your blog content
To get an .xml file of your blog’s posts, pages, and comments:

Sign in to Blogger.
At the top left, click the blog you want to back up.
In the left menu, click Settings.
Under "Manage blog," click Back up content and then Download.

Save a copy of your blog's theme
Sign in to Blogger.
At the top left, click the blog you want to save.
In the left menu, click Theme.
At the top right, click More More and then Backup and then Download.
However, this only saves the text. The photos would have to be re-inserted if you wanted to recreate it.

I've been using Blogger since 2006 and so far not experienced any issues with loss of content, except when I accidentally saved a blank post when trying to edit one word in a lengthy post using my phone. Not advisable!

Rik