Elmtree Line

StephH

7/8ths and 1/12th modeling in Railways and Birdwat
24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Rumor has it that a "Wren" might be up next..........

My QH however won't be working in a slate quarry, more likely a sandstone one pulling skips or wooden inside frame wagons "Chaldron" style. I fear it will not be standard very long...............

ATB

Steph'

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Elmtree Line said:
Do you know if it is intended for these to be produced in other colours in future batches ?

Good question, but I really don't know Keith, that decision hasn't been taken yet.

Perhaps we should have a sweepstake for what comes next in this scale ;-)

Happy steamings,

John

funandtrains

Registered
20 Sep 2011
Croydon, Surrey
Best answers
Country flag
I wonder how many 16 millers will be thinking that they bought the wrong gauge track after seeing the new Accucraft locos! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JoelB

Registered
19 Feb 2010
New England
Best answers
Rumor has it that a "Wren" might be up next..........
Yes, a "Wren" would be an inspired choice!

E

Elmtree Line

Sea Lion said:
Elmtree Line said:
Do you know if it is intended for these to be produced in other colours in future batches ?

Good question, but I really don't know Keith, that decision hasn't been taken yet.

Perhaps we should have a sweepstake for what comes next in this scale ;-)

Happy steamings,

Hi John,

I spoke with Ian yesterday who said they would produce coloured versions depending on the demand. Colours discussed were blue, maroon and green. Potential for the next batch of black to also have a coloured loco produced at the same time too, he suggested a poll to see which colour option showed most interest.

For anyone thinking of radio control for the loco David Mees is currently exploring this avenue.

John

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Elmtree Line said:
I spoke with Ian yesterday who said they would produce coloured versions depending on the demand. Colours discussed were blue, maroon and green. Potential for the next batch of black to also have a coloured loco produced at the same time too, he suggested a poll to see which colour option showed most interest.

John
Yes it is relatively straightforward for Accucraft to do extra colours, just that no decision has been made yet. It would be very interesting if you had the time to set a poll up. I'm sure I can think of at least one vote for Blue :)

Happy steamings,

John

Paul H

Registered
16 Feb 2011
Best answers
My QH will emerge in a different form inspired by either Sextus of Groby Granite better known as Lady Madcap in later life, or Betty from Trefor Quarry, latterly owned by Hook Norton Ironstone. The jury is still out on this one, but I have a bit of time to decide.

StephH

24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Paul H said:
My QH will emerge in a different form inspired by either Sextus of Groby Granite better known as Lady Madcap in later life, or Betty from Trefor Quarry, latterly owned by Hook Norton Ironstone. The jury is still out on this one, but I have a bit of time to decide.
Hehe Sextus was my idea for a mod too..... fab looking pole cab! Not come across Betty though? Any information?

ATB

Steph'

StephH

24 Oct 2009
Derbyshire
gardenrailway.webs.com
Best answers
Country flag
Cheers Paul, I do like that half cab.... there's a pic in Andrew Neal's book of a hunslet with just a weather board.... some where up in the north east, that looks fun too!

ATB

Steph'

Sea Lion

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Isle of Man
Best answers
Hugh Napier said:
Look what broke cover at Diamondhead:

Hugh
It's good to see one running Hugh, very nice indeed.

Nice looking pressure gauge.........

Happy steamings,

John