Snow Business

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
It seemed like too good an opportunity to miss

Rik

Reactions: 9 users

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Great video, rik, and wonderful to hear the sound of the wheels over the rail joints.

Reactions: 1 user

gregh

electronics, computers and scratchbuilding
1 Nov 2009
Sydney, Australia
www.members.optusnet.com.au
Best answers
Country flag
Nice of you to brave the cold so we can enjoy. I specially liked the snow lying on the big bridge and the scene at the end looking across the tracks between the snow drifts.
Off topic - Do you control both locos from the one transmitter, switching between them? If so, how do you get both whistles to sound at the same time?

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Yet another wonderful dimension to your line! Enjoyed that.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Nice of you to brave the cold so we can enjoy. I specially liked the snow lying on the big bridge and the scene at the end looking across the tracks between the snow drifts.
Off topic - Do you control both locos from the one transmitter, switching between them? If so, how do you get both whistles to sound at the same time?
Thanks Greg
It did start getting very cold as later in the afternoon. Couldn't feel my finger tips when trying to undo the track alignment bolts on the bridges.

I bound both locos to the same Selecta channel on my Deltang Tx22. Made life a lot easier than trying to switch between them.

The rails were so slippery the wheels on a single loco spun even when hauling a modest train on the flat. Towards the end of the day the rails were starting to dry off and adhesion improved, but the temperature was also dropping and ice started forming on the rail surfaces which were still wet.

Rik

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent video Rik.
Well done for taking on the elements!

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nice! I managed to get a diesel about ten scale feet before it got stuck; then went into the workshop to fettle a snowplough!

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Great! Very reminiscent of Shaun from Kittatinny's vids. We haven't seen him for a while.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
We had a good fall of Snow at lunchtime today so in the best tradition of the nits I decided to clerarvthe Track with my Snow Plow. I rostered the recently completed Battery Railcar for the job, well it was originally to have been a Swiss Railcar so I thought why not? This was the Snow as it was fallingimage.jpegNow the Vid complete with some dodgy edits. See if you can spot them all!

Reactions: 7 users

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
I know the Rhb railcard is a powerful loco Jon, but somehow I always imagine a big ugly beast of a loco behind the plow ;)I

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I know the Rhb railcard is a powerful loco Jon, but somehow I always imagine a big ugly beast of a loco behind the plow ;)I
I think at times they have used Railcars on the Bernina, but this is my Harz so what the H? To be honest I wanted to see how it would manage plus I was nit sure that the snow would last long enough for a Live Steam to be made ready. Another dusting here this morning but nothing worth getting a puffer up and running for as yet.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I think at times they have used Railcars on the Bernina, but this is my Harz so what the H? To be honest I wanted to see how it would manage plus I was nit sure that the snow would last long enough for a Live Steam to be made ready. Another dusting here this morning but nothing worth getting a puffer up and running for as yet.
You may have spoken too soon, quite a lot here already in Royston, and more falling. I HATE SNOW:mad::mad::mad:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
You may have spoken too soon, quite a lot here already in Royston, and more falling. I HATE SNOW:mad::mad::mad:
Oh about the only thing that I love about winter, in my tiny mind we do not get enough of the stuff. Should have been born in Switzerland I guess.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Hope to go through Royston (well by-pass) this evening on my way home - keep me updated :clap::clap:

I've got SWMBO's landy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hope to go through Royston (well by-pass) this evening on my way home - keep me updated :clap::clap:

I've got SWMBO's landy
Okay around Cambridge and up to Kings Lynn from Royston atm.

According to the AA traffic website....

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Oh about the only thing that I love about winter, in my tiny mind we do not get enough of the stuff. Should have been born in Switzerland I guess.
I think Royston has got off lightly to be honest, Haverhill way was quite bad earlier, I had to wimp out from one of my jobs because I didn't fancy getting stuck in the back of beyond.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
As they say, horses for courses, but I've never enjoyed it.

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag

This Royston.......

royston vasey.jpg

Reactions: 1 users