Round Robin boxcar

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
This thread is for members to post there pictures of the round robin boxcar on their Railways/railroads! it is at the moment winging it's way south to Vic in LA.

But here it is on my railway in Rohnert Park Just North of San Fransico.............
91e9a175077a4ae79eced091f1d09425.jpg

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
OK! Vic in LA has the boxcar and we need a new recipient. I have Bob in Canada's address but there must be somebody on the way north east who would like it? PM your address if you would like to receive the box car and I will get a map sorted out of where it goes next...................Paul.....................

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Coming round the bend, its Minimans World Traveling Round Robin boxcar on its first of hopefully many stops.

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/GSC World boxcar 01.JPG < Link To
GSC%20World%20boxcar%2001.JPG

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/GSC World boxcar 03.JPG < Link To
GSC%20World%20boxcar%2003.JPG

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/GSC World boxcar 04.JPG < Link To
GSC%20World%20boxcar%2004.JPG

and off to places unknown and far away,

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/vsmith/GSC World boxcar 05.JPG < Link To
GSC%20World%20boxcar%2005.JPG

Signature pic, next up: off to Pennsylvania as of today. Keep an eye open Allen, its on its way.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Skipping CO, IN and TN???? This thing really is going to have some miles, KM, etc on it when all is said and done!:D

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I guess I should buy a map Garrett? I am sending it in order of reply with address, Your up next Garrett then it's off to Florida!

I need more addresses to get this thing going............................

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
This is a brilliant idea :clap:

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Is it going global or just north america? what fun... is this the result of the loco idea or different?

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Is it going global or just north america?
North America is going global (to me) :D
What we need is someone on holiday in America to bring it over the pond with them.
Nice one Paul - put me down for when it gets over here.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Chris M said:
What we need is someone on holiday in America to bring it over the pond with them.
Good thinking.
Florida seems to be a popular destination for Brits holidaying in the US, maybe it could end its US tour there and wait for a lift across the pond.

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
My Intent was to get it around the USA and Canada (Bob) and then get it back to me and I will send it off to Australia then New Zealand then off to GB by which time I doubt there will be enoough space for signitures!!

The Original idea was Steve the mearcat's to send a Loco around but in a I admit slightly tipsie moment I had the idea to send a boxcar around as it would be less expensive to purchase and post (in the event the boxcar came from my collection). so Thanks for the idea Steve and it should be in England in a couple of month's I would think...................Paul..................

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
minimans said:
My Intent was to get it around the USA and Canada (Bob) and then get it back to me and I will send it off to Australia then New Zealand then off to GB by which time I doubt there will be enoough space for signitures!!

The Original idea was Steve the mearcat's to send a Loco around but in a I admit slightly tipsie moment I had the idea to send a boxcar around as it would be less expensive to purchase and post (in the event the boxcar came from my collection). so Thanks for the idea Steve and it should be in England in a couple of month's I would think...................Paul..................

Excuse me! It was my idea first! Fnnnr, fnnnr..

12th June on Steves G Scale Loco to travel the world thread:

A great idea Steve but might I be a pain and suggest something else?

Why not go for a bit of rolling stock instead of a prime mover? It would be a lot cheaper and anyone who has battery or steam only layout can also take part.
A plain box car that we could glue a personal sticker onto before sending it on would be fun and the resulting car would be a sight to behold!

:rofl:

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Old Tom said:
minimans said:

Excuse me! It was my idea first! Fnnnr, fnnnr..

12th June on Steves G Scale Loco to travel the world thread:

A great idea Steve but might I be a pain and suggest something else?

Why not go for a bit of rolling stock instead of a prime mover? It would be a lot cheaper and anyone who has battery or steam only layout can also take part.
A plain box car that we could glue a personal sticker onto before sending it on would be fun and the resulting car would be a sight to behold!

:rofl:

Sorry Tom didn't mean to offend!! I meant the idea of a sending a boxcar around the USA was my idea, you could always start one in the UK and we could have them meet up somewhere????

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
I'll be in New York in August and I'm sure I could find room to transport it back to Spain then if it helps. Also in UK in early October. Please let me know if I can assist:)

C&S

Registered
3 Nov 2009
Best answers
SGR said:
I'll be in New York in August and I'm sure I could find room to transport it back to Spain then if it helps. Also in UK in early October.

If you're passing through London on your October travels I'd happily give the car a run up fom Bonneyville to Clydes Creek on the C&S.

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Cool- well when it needs to cross an ocean to the UK I volunteer to pay the postage... unless it comes in a g scalers suitcase...

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
It's off to Florida now then Garrett but I need addresses in the States to continue the oddessy or it off to Canada it goes!!

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Any updates?