Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks you all for the welcome!
P Paul M I am Dwain, nice meeting you!
I rather call it a shop, if I was to start calling it a hanger, I might get different ideas. The wife would really like that!
Oh dear, not just a spelling mistake but a forewarning of danger! A 'hangar' is where aeroplanes get parked, given the size of your 'shop' this is feasible. Now the bad news, a 'hanger' is what women hang their clothes on, and given the size of your 'shop' your better half might just take you up on that, especially as there is probably room for the matching shoes and handbags too, so beware! It seems she has already sized up the possibilities :giggle:

Bokbfok81

Registered
11 Dec 2023
Tucson, AZ
Best answers
Country flag
Oh dear, not just a spelling mistake but a forewarning of danger!
Ha, good catch! Luckily the misses is not that into clothes and accessories. However she did "make " me convert the back corner into a flat!

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
You can run 1/24 slot cars with LGB rolling stock which is more in line with that size.

Bokbfok81

Registered
11 Dec 2023
Tucson, AZ
Best answers
Country flag
You can run 1/24 slot cars with LGB rolling stock which is more in line with that size.
Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a bunch of tracks and cars so will stick with the 1:32 scale. My focus for now will be on the G scale.

I decided to display the pieces I have, to hopefully motivate me to get stuff done

-3914490470138280296.jpg-5015423187974923857.jpg

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. I already have a bunch of tracks and cars so will stick with the 1:32 scale. My focus for now will be on the G scale.

I decided to display the pieces I have, to hopefully motivate me to get stuff done

View attachment 321990View attachment 321991
That looks highly risky, if the door bangs, the little train I'd likely to come down!

Bokbfok81

Registered
11 Dec 2023
Tucson, AZ
Best answers
Country flag
That looks highly risky, if the door bangs, the little train I'd likely to come down!
Nah, the building is very stable and the door would have to be ripped off in a tornado for the train to come down. If that happens, I will have bigger issues to worry about!

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Well then, get some track, lay it down then start using your train. Most of the members here will tell you that the rest, as they say, is history ;)