Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
HI, Anyone used the Loco control kit yet ? thoughts

View attachment 317819
New one to me, looks good but only 2 possible sound functions a bit limiting though my preferred choice Fosworks with his non DCC options can only call 3 sound functions without additional measures. The sound cards by Lococontrol look interesting, perhaps you could be the forum ginea pig?

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
The R/C looks interesting, and it would seem though that each Rx has a dedicated Tx. Looking around the site, their sound card looks very familiar.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
The R/C looks interesting, and it would seem though that each Rx has a dedicated Tx. Looking around the site, their sound card looks very familiar.
Hm yes you are likely right, My Loco Sound?

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have spoken to David about it and he is quite confident on its quality he is offering a Gaurentee for 2 years ! From what he told me the RX is based on an arduino board. It looks like from a bit of research on this forum David was selling Tony Walshams kits from 2013.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Attached is a wiring diagram for the LocoControl radio control connected to MyLocoSound soundcards. Dave Pritchard at LocoControl has checked it.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Attachments

• Wiring diagram - LocoControl.jpg
    Wiring diagram - LocoControl.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 users

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Attached is a wiring diagram for the LocoControl radio control connected to MyLocoSound soundcards. Dave Pritchard at LocoControl has checked it.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
Thanks Peter, I have purchased a TX&RX Kit and your soundcard from David this morning, look forward to using this Diagram ! and reporting back

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
How exciting ! look what has arrived in the post ! lococontrol TX and RX + MLS Electric sound card...... I have worked out what the first victim is so watch this space ! Loco Control Arrival.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Looking forward to seeing a video of the installation.

Rik
Removed old electrics yesterday from Loco and had a Test/play minus lighting and sound just power and straight out of the box quite impressed Rik, will post full when done (finger crossed it keep raining lol)

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
As promised, here is a quick video for the new lococontrol fitted into my lovely MOB 20240 GE 4/4 8000 Swiss loco ! Im very impressed with this and its nice NOT to have 10 steps to press before it move like the Piko unit offers, the Full stop button feature is a must ! (please note, railway still in contruction like the rest of the house and garden so just a grotty test bed). The control is very responsive and works straight out of the box, questions sent to Dave at loco control answered very well and good diagrams/info sent with loco. Im using the MLS electric soundcard.

Last edited:

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
As promised, here is a quick video for the new lococontrol fitted into my lovely MOB 20240 GE 4/4 8000 Swiss loco ! Im very impressed with this and its nice NOT to have 10 steps to press before it move like the Piko unit offers, the Full stop button feature is a must ! (please note, railway still in contruction like the rest of the house and garden so just a grotty test bed). The control is very responsive and works straight out of the box, questions sent to Dave at loco control answered very well and good diagrams/info sent with loco. Im using the MLS electric soundcard.

Nice, presumably you need 1 controller per loco?

DickyC

(BZB Mountain Railway)
26 Jul 2017
Rural Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nice, presumably you need 1 controller per loco?
Yes this is the case, This is my prefered option as not needing to operate any more than one or two locos at the same time. The bond between the Tx and RX are fixed (but can be changed) so no "binding" issues which i have found a little annoying in the past when operating one or trains on other systems. My multi tasking skills are not upto much anyway !

dunnyrail

Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yes this is the case, This is my prefered option as not needing to operate any more than one or two locos at the same time. The bond between the Tx and RX are fixed (but can be changed) so no "binding" issues which i have found a little annoying in the past when operating one or trains on other systems. My multi tasking skills are not upto much anyway !
I mostly use Fosworks, the binding is much simpler and works every time with no hassles. I can have up to 10 locomotives from 1 Tx which makes things cheeper in the long run. You can also have a mix of DCC and Analogue battery locs on the same Tx so the system is very flexible. I prefer a handset with a switch for forward and reverse with no momentum which the Fosworks Tx-4.10R gives me. Changing locs is by a 10 way rotary switch.