Idiots Guild to fitting a Massoth S Module .to a LGB large decoda..(CF Mallet)

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
this is how i did it, the simple way..yes, a susi cable and wheel senser is better, but thats for later on, this is just the simple way off adding sound toa factury fitted digical LGB loco..all large decodas in the lgb range, look like this..
remove the locos boddy, on the mallets ,its7 screws, 3 down the side, 1, under the cab, 2 under the tanks..the last screws under the smoke box ..move the motor block sideways, and slip a small philips screwdriver in between the valve gear, to reach the screw..
P1090508.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
new, buy the correct speaker to match the loco/s module..
P1090510.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
i prefer safety to opps!..so i use ducttape to cover the lead/alloy weight..
P1090511.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
next ,use A tiny screw, to fix the s module in place, the lead/alloy weight already has holes drilled into it;)
P1090512.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
next, look carefully at the large factury fitted decoda, were the large plugs go..
inbetween them, is 2 metal pins..these are fulltrack power pins.. ideal for us:clap:
P1090515.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
carefully, fit the two wires from the Massoth S module to the pins, (no it dosnt mater which way round they go, trust me, im a idiot)
P1090517.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
next ,plug in the speaker cable plug, to the treminal marked "speaker plug" on the S module.... secure the speaker into the purpose made grill, in the floor offthe loco running plate..use the small screws, with plastic washers(not surpllyed)
P1090518.jpg

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
re asmeble the loco, carefully ,useing the scews that came out off it, ie, smoke box screw, in smoke box hole.. when the boddys on, re program the loco adress.. so both the S module, and the locos decoda, have the same adress, ie 20.. then test the hell out off it
:clap:
P1090522.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Railfan

Registered
17 Nov 2009
Northern California, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Great instructions and photos, Mike. Thanks for posting this. I hope to use this information in the future!

Will you be posting more of these? There are a lot of locos left for conversion instructions! :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Railfan said:
Great instructions and photos, Mike. Thanks for posting this. I hope to use this information in the future!

Will you be posting more of these? There are a lot of locos left for conversion instructions! :)

For anyone new to the forum or who missed it when first posted, last year I did a thread on putting an S module into the new LGB KoF, here:

http://www.gscalecentral.net/m12897...Hope the reminder might be useful! Jon.

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Railfan said:
... Will you be posting more of these? There are a lot of locos left for conversion instructions! :)
Hi George, there's a permanent sticky thread "decoder fitting compilation" at the top of the DCC subsection, with links to lots of handy conversion instructions posted by various folk! well worth a look.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Railfan said:

:clap:glad to be off help.
and yes, theres more in the digical section, check out other idiots guides in the digcal section off the fourm
#
http://www.gscalecentral.net/m225