pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Agreed, but occasionally, you could provide some useful (or not) input as well.
As far as GSC goes 'outsiders' can only access certain parts, only members get the chance to see (nearly) everything.

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
As far as GSC goes 'outsiders' can only access certain parts, only members get the chance to see (nearly) everything.

oh! - does that mean, that members are something like partially privileged non-members? o_O

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag
What, you don't want me here?

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Actually we would like you here, taking a look at what others have acheived or are in the middle of doing, either the railway itself or locos / rolling stock etc. I am sure you would love it here if you just give it a bit of time and take a look around.
GSC doesn't stop at the new members section, so go on and delve a little deeper into the forum. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Remind me be properly attired whilst on the forum then!:D:D

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure where you get that idea from, a lot of the drift is the forum "humour", so we would love you to stay and take part. But ,you did sort of start this ball rolling, with your comments about the forum, so have some fun and joint in.

dudeface_

dude with a face
24 Nov 2023
WI
Best answers
Country flag
I apologize. I'm getting used to it.

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Miles
You'll find that quite a few of us are members of more than one forum - you'll see us popping up all over the place.

As others have already said, if you ask a question, you'll get a range of replies - none of them will be absolutely correct and none of them will be absolutely wrong. For example, just ask something like - what's the best way to lay and ballast track and then stand well back :eek::D But , whatever you do, never ask if Newqida is better than LGB ....:devil:

Anyway, welcome. It's good to see youngsters such as yourself engaging with the hobby - most of us have been around the block more times than we care to mention - so it's good to hear from someone who is just starting out - not only with garden railway modelling but with life in general.;)

Rik

Gerard

Registered
26 Mar 2021
Aerdenhout Holland
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Dudeface,

My advice when starting a new LGB track would be:
1 stay at groundlevel so you still can let run your garden equipment and grand children over it!
2 use 5cm thick and about 0.25 and 1m long concrete slabs, laid in a 0.25 x 0.20 m. sand body with bricks alongside. When necessary, Level corrections can easy be made by pushing up the sand from the side using a shovel.
3 connect all your rails with Massoth screwed connectors and use prior to make each connection MOLYCOTE Copper grease mixed with terpentine so it gets fluid and creeps inside the connection.
4 use a Zimo digital control installation. They offer you by far the most features. Moreover a digital system gives you all along your track a steady 24 AC power for lights and switches etc. so wiring is no longer an issue.

Good luck !
track follows boarders.JPGMassoth clamps and Molycote paste.jpg

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
I was unsure whether it was Oscar Wilde or Groucho Marx, Korm, so I checked and it was Groucho Marx (although I'm sure Oscar Wilde would have been happy to have said it).
'Ah, cauliflower! I shall always think of Birmingham when I smell them'. Oscar Wilde, on being presented with said vegetable by the Mayor of Birmingham, who wished to humiliate him.

Welcome to the forum -I think! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.