Help with Micron knobs & switch,s allocation

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, i have a Micron Tx72v2 & up to now have only used Pos/Neg, motor plus P1&P2 for directional lights, & wondered if the terminals on the receivers are already allocated to particular switches on the Tx72. So, if i wanted a single 5mm led to light in the cab with an appropriate resistor connected to? "lets say" P3 on my receiver, where would i switch it on&off from on my transmitter.
Thanks.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, i have a Micron Tx72v2 & up to now have only used Pos/Neg, motor plus P1&P2 for directional lights, & wondered if the terminals on the receivers are already allocated to particular switches on the Tx72. So, if i wanted a single 5mm led to light in the cab with an appropriate resistor connected to? "lets say" P3 on my receiver, where would i switch it on&off from on my transmitter.
Thanks.
So which Rx are you using, if you look on the Micron site it has all the information, or PM PhilP PhilP for the info.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
So which Rx are you using, if you look on the Micron site it has all the information, or PM PhilP PhilP for the info.

Hi, using MR603 & Deltang 45 & asume i am reading from the list below. So, i connect to P3 on a receiver, i would then use the selecta knob for train, then menu knob & select 3, then what?
Or somthing else i should try?

micron-trans.jpgprog1.JPG

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, using MR603 & Deltang 45 & asume i am reading from the list below. So, i connect to P3 on a receiver, i would then use the selecta knob for train, then menu knob & select 3, then what?
Or somthing else i should try?

View attachment 323661View attachment 323662
So what is channel 3 on your Tx, but this is only momentary, not latched. You probably would be better off with F4, channel 5 normally being the bind button. You need to see the mapping of your Tx channel to switch.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I assume you have read this and the associated pages.

Ah! Well done, that's the 1st time i have seen these pages. I assumed the unit was made by micron & all the info was on their site. I will have a good read & see if i get enlightened. lol Thanks.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
The Deltang-based (now Micron-based) Transmitters 'we' kept the same (now similar) naming format and features..

The Micron Tx72 will be based on the Deltang model, but with changes and amendments, as seen fit by Andy.

If you are using config 1 on your MR603, then yes, pressing the Bind button should toggle the 'D' /F4 output. - An open-drain FET switch to 'ground' when 'on'.

PhilP

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, i take it that i could use a FET Buffer ?, but on the Micron site it just says switching. Will; this give a pulse switch or a latching switch facility. ?? as its not very clear. Thanks.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Micron programming is a bit of an art, every time I need to do it again I look at ge_rik ge_rik blog to remind me what to do. Once you get the hang of it it is fine. You can get to his blog by looking for one of his threads in here, I cannot recommend his YouTube vids on the subject highly enough.

Reactions: 1 user

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, i take it that i could use a FET Buffer ?, but on the Micron site it just says switching. Will; this give a pulse switch or a latching switch facility. ?? as its not very clear. Thanks.
The FET buffer/switch will follow the output from your MR603.

So if the output is configured for momentary action, it will only be 'on' whilst you have the button pressed.

On a Micron supplied MR603, config 1, P3 and P4 give outputs from Ch3.

If you wanted to use F4 (which is a FET switch to ground) I can give you the programming string. - The 'fiddly' bit is getting the 'SOS' timing right, to get into programming mode.

PhilP

RDFMTS2

Dyffryn Llynfi & Porthcawl Railway
5 May 2015
South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
The FET buffer/switch will follow the output from your MR603.

So if the output is configured for momentary action, it will only be 'on' whilst you have the button pressed.

On a Micron supplied MR603, config 1, P3 and P4 give outputs from Ch3.

If you wanted to use F4 (which is a FET switch to ground) I can give you the programming string. - The 'fiddly' bit is getting the 'SOS' timing right, to get into programming mode.

PhilP
If you have not cracked it by tomorrow morning may I suggest giving micro a ring he is very helpful on the phone, and as you have probably found delivery is prompt, a nice change from some of the small sellers in garden railways, who I won't name because this is a positive forum and lets keep it that way.

David