Figures and diecast scale?

Quincy Collins

Registered
18 Dec 2023
Nova Scotia, Canada
Best answers
Country flag
Hi, As a very new G Scale member, two questions. First, are there any free G Scale figure plans as I have just become a 3-D printer owner...and barely Competent operator;)
Second, I have build a small layout in our 8' by8' gazebo with track on the inside and inside. There is not much room for anything but track. So, I am wondering for a 1:22.5 scale LGB steam engine could one get away 1:32 prewar II vehicles? I had wanted to make it attractive for children but Tintin and Playmobil figures etc. must being bought and sold on world gold markets given the asking price. 1:24 scale cars would take too much room. Any thoughts out there? Quincy Collins, Nova Scotia, Canada

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
TinTin is something of a collector's area, but Playmobil shouldn't be too expensive I would have thought.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
What type of printer do you have?

Have a look at these they could form a basis for more figures by either scaling them in your slicer (I use Cura) or import them into Tinkercad and have a play with modifying them.
3D Printable casual people 1:50 by Daniel Marcelo Campero Apahaza This one has a picture of a bad print but mat be worth a fiddle with using a better standard print.

A trawl through this site should fill in your day a bit, it has heaps of stl's that are railway related albeit mixed in with other stuff.

korm kormsen

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Country
Paraguay
Best answers
Country flag
i was/am in the same situation. (i had over 2000 civil war soldiers/swoppets in 1:32 and LGB trains in 1:22.5)

seven or eight years ago i bought a 3D printer with scanner.
it turned out, that 3D figures in 1:32 were just too small to be printed nice. ( printers have evolved since then. specially resin printers are better)

you will find many free .stl files to print on yeggi.com or on thingiverse.

3d15.JPG

the one in the green skirt is 1:32

3d03.JPG

here: Grossbahn - track - largescale - IIm Modellbahn Anlage - scroll down a bit.

if you really want to go the way of 1:32 figures, widen your search to plastic figures/soldiers.

these are (modified) swoppets:

sample2.JPG

these are swoppets, 54mm/1:32 plastic soldiers and one relative from Pocahontas by Kinder:

unpainted-group.JPG

soldiers you would find here:

for the price of these plastic soldiers i am not afraid to cut them up and "Frankenstein" them back together.
there are much more figures in 1:32 but many of them cost much more as well.

or look for "Kinder- eggs.
in my link above, most in the first two pics are from Kinder

in the shops linked i'm a satisfied customer.

or you could look over the fence, to the Tabletop war gamers.
they make or copy their own figures or individualize bought ones, using epoxy.

google-or youtube - search for "green stuff" and "white stuff"

whitestuff01.JPG

cars in 1:24 ?
when i designed our firehouse in 1:32, i used 1:24 trucks.

SDC10016.JPG

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Have you thought about Piko trains that are around your chosen scale of 1:32 (probably around 1:29), Gauge one to us old timers.

Reactions: 1 user