Bachmann G Scale 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive - Anniversary Edition- Denver & Rio Grande

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Have to agree with Casey - the music really isn't necessary.

Reactions: 1 user

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Perhaps the music IS the sound? Guess maybe you never thought of that, eh?

tac

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Next time I have a session with MY 'Annie' - in WP&YRR livery with half a dozen lit-up cars - I'll post it on YT.

Reliable and smooth running since the day I bought it, back around the turn of the century, and a joy to watch with its fancy all metal Baker valve gear working out big time.

tac

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Pity the music obscured the locomotive sound.
You didn't miss much - the sound is OK at slower speeds, but is more suited to indoors - get's lost in the great outdoors :nod::nod::nod:

But as Tac says, they're good steady locos :clap::clap::clap:

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Can anybody tell me how easy it is to fit a Massoth decoder to one of these locos, please? I picked up a WP&Y one second hand, recently with no instructions.
Thanks
Dave

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Can anybody tell me how easy it is to fit a Massoth decoder to one of these locos, please? I picked up a WP&Y one second hand, recently with no instructions.
Thanks
Dave
If you have a look at Bachmann's estore, you may be able to find the wiring diagram for the Annie.

From recollection, it'll have to be a loco mounted jobbie, rather than the easier tender installation of Connies and the like.

Removal of the Annie loco body can be exciting, and you need about 6 hands to get it back together - it's all to do with the extra details :nod::nod: but with a little patience ( a gift that I seem to have missed out on) it's OK

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Never done one, but as Rhino says - hardest bit is getting it back together again.