Animated European Prototype Crossing

Trainman2

Registered
23 Sep 2020
St Louis
Best answers
Country flag
I've seen this accessory in a couple of YouTube videos, but I can't seem to find one for sale.

It's a grade crossing which simulates hand-cranked gates, and it has a crossing keeper figure that moves as the gates go up and down, making it look like he's really cranking the gates.

Does anybody know who made this piece, and where I could get one?

Thanks

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I've seen this accessory in a couple of YouTube videos, but I can't seem to find one for sale.

It's a grade crossing which simulates hand-cranked gates, and it has a crossing keeper figure that moves as the gates go up and down, making it look like he's really cranking the gates.

Does anybody know who made this piece, and where I could get one?

Thanks
Sounds like the sort of thing that Lionel may make if that helps.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I believe this is what you are looking for. I had this on my railway a long time ago.

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I would like to add that while these accessories are certainly ingenious, they will suffer from continuous use outdoors.

oldgit.64

Registered
27 Jan 2019
sutton coldfield west mids
Best answers
Country flag
POLA make this set, its part of a combination of other pieces. the only place I know is a company in England
called top slots and trains Fleet wood Blackpool lancashire . Good luck from Paul.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Indeed. It is two POLA sets, crossing 330870 and crossing keepers cottage 330877. They will set you back a pretty penny, even with topslots discounts they are about £370 new.

Trainman2

Registered
23 Sep 2020
St Louis
Best answers
Country flag
This is exactly what I was looking for. Sorry for the late replies, I was busy working on the real railroad the past couple of weeks.

That does sound like a pretty steep price. I may wind up going for them on ebay.